Coverart for item
The Resource Resistance to innovation : its sources and manifestations, Shaul Oreg & Jacob Goldenberg

Resistance to innovation : its sources and manifestations, Shaul Oreg & Jacob Goldenberg

Label
Resistance to innovation : its sources and manifestations
Title
Resistance to innovation
Title remainder
its sources and manifestations
Statement of responsibility
Shaul Oreg & Jacob Goldenberg
Creator
Contributor
Author
Subject
Language
eng
Summary
Every year in the United States, about 25,000 new products are introduced to the market. Most of these products fail - at considerable expense to the companies that produce them. Looking into such failures, marketers have tended to focus on why certain consumers show little resistence. However, these early adopters comprise only 20 percent of the consumer population. Shaul Oreg and Jacob Goldenberg bring the insights of marketing and organizational behavior to bear on the attitudes and behaviors of the remaining 80 percent who resist innovation. The authors identify two competing definitions of resistence: In marketing, resistence denotes a reluctance to adopt a worthy new product, or one that offers a clear benefit and carries little or no risk. In the field of organizational behavior, employees are defined as resistant if they are unwilling to implement changes regardless of the reasons behind their reluctance. Using real-life examples and clarifying the act of rejecting a new product from the reasons - rational or not - consumers may have for doing so, Oreg and Goldenberg propose a more coherent definition of resistance less encumbered by subjective, context-specific factors and personality traits. Thus, Resistance to Innovation makes it possible to disentangle resistance from its sources and ultimately offers a richer understanding of consumers' underlying motivations. -- from dust jacket
Cataloging source
ICU/DLC
http://library.link/vocab/creatorDate
1970-
http://library.link/vocab/creatorName
Oreg, Shaul
Dewey number
658.5/75
Illustrations
illustrations
Index
index present
LC call number
HD45
LC item number
.O7294 2015
Literary form
non fiction
Nature of contents
bibliography
http://library.link/vocab/relatedWorkOrContributorDate
1962-
http://library.link/vocab/relatedWorkOrContributorName
Goldenberg, Jacob
http://library.link/vocab/subjectName
  • Technological innovations
  • Technological innovations
  • Technological innovations
  • Technological innovations
  • Innovation
  • Innovationsmanagement
  • Verbraucherverhalten
Label
Resistance to innovation : its sources and manifestations, Shaul Oreg & Jacob Goldenberg
Instantiates
Publication
Bibliography note
Includes bibliographical references and index
Carrier category
volume
Carrier category code
nc
Carrier MARC source
rdacarrier
Content category
text
Content type code
txt
Content type MARC source
rdacontent
Contents
It's not the innovation, it's the adopter: why some people are more likely than others to resist -- What's in it for me, and what do i have to lose? : practical reasons for resisting innovation -- It's not what you introduce, it's how you do it: the process of innovation introduction -- Where and when is the innovation introduced? : the role of innovation context in the emergence of resistance -- Lagging-innovation in disguise -- Resistance and the dangers of negative word of mouth -- The dual market affect
Control code
890360550
Dimensions
24 cm
Extent
205 pages
Isbn
9780226632605
Lccn
2014033480
Media category
unmediated
Media MARC source
rdamedia
Media type code
n
Other control number
40025143859
Other physical details
illustrations
System control number
(OCoLC)890360550
Label
Resistance to innovation : its sources and manifestations, Shaul Oreg & Jacob Goldenberg
Publication
Bibliography note
Includes bibliographical references and index
Carrier category
volume
Carrier category code
nc
Carrier MARC source
rdacarrier
Content category
text
Content type code
txt
Content type MARC source
rdacontent
Contents
It's not the innovation, it's the adopter: why some people are more likely than others to resist -- What's in it for me, and what do i have to lose? : practical reasons for resisting innovation -- It's not what you introduce, it's how you do it: the process of innovation introduction -- Where and when is the innovation introduced? : the role of innovation context in the emergence of resistance -- Lagging-innovation in disguise -- Resistance and the dangers of negative word of mouth -- The dual market affect
Control code
890360550
Dimensions
24 cm
Extent
205 pages
Isbn
9780226632605
Lccn
2014033480
Media category
unmediated
Media MARC source
rdamedia
Media type code
n
Other control number
40025143859
Other physical details
illustrations
System control number
(OCoLC)890360550

Library Locations

    • Ellis LibraryBorrow it
      1020 Lowry Street, Columbia, MO, 65201, US
      38.944491 -92.326012
Processing Feedback ...